Wednesday December 6th *(during senior ice time)*
Thursday March 29th *(during senior ice time)*
STARSkate Testing changes
**There has been some recent changes to our Skate Canada STARSkate Test Program which will take effective over the course of the season with a mandatory change in September 2017.
Starting in 2017:
STAR 1, 2, 3 (Junior Starskate) will eventually be done during session time by your coach. Former levels of STARSkate will no longer apply please refer to the following updated chart. No social fee will be required.
STAR 4,5 (Intermediate Starskate) and Senior Bronze to Gold (Senior Starskate) will take place on designated test nights with a Skate Canada official.
Out of Club Test Records can be mailed to (club #1000398):
Test Chair, NFSA, #106-5152 Thorold Stone Rd., Niagara Falls, ON L2E 0A2
SKATE CANADA TEST DAY SKATING INFORMATION
Skaters from our Junior STARSkate Level and up will be working on the SKATE CANADA StarSkate requirements for all four disciplines – Freeskate, Skills, Dance and Interpretive. NFSA has 3 test days during the fall/winter season, 1 in spring, and 2 in summer.
Skaters must meet the standards of their Base Coach to be eligible to try tests. The SKATE CANADA test fee for each test is $12.00. These fees go directly to the SKATE CANADA. A $8.00 club administration fee will also be charged to each skater who participates in a STAR 5-Gold Test Day. This helps to pay for judges mileage. Judges are volunteers who are credentialed by SKATE CANADA.
Any skaters who are trying tests from outside of NFSA will be required to pay an Out of Club fee of $10.00.
APPEARANCE FOR A SKATE CANADA TEST DAY
The following attire should be worn for testing:
- Skating dress or skating skirt.
- Beige colored tights, two pair for warmth if needed.
- Hair must be neat in appearance and long hair must be tied back.
- Skates should be polished with black scuffs removed ( Windex or toothpaste will remove scuffs easily)
- Warm-up sweater may be worn for practice but not for the actual test
- Mittens should match the skaters outfit or be white.
- Boys should wear a neat shirt or sweater or vest and dress pants